Bible Verse of the Day

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Matthew 25:40

And the King will answer them, ‘I tell you the truth, just as you did it for one of the least of these brothers or sisters of Mine, you did it for Me.’

Must say I prefer the Old English Bible translation:

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these My brethren, ye have done it unto Me.

or as poem-ed: (is that a word?)

Inasmuch as you did to for the least of these,
You did it for your Lord to please.

I've been exploring and expanding this Bible verse for a day now. Just this one verse! Don't think I've enough time left on this earth...

Part of my 'serving others' mission I'm bringing into my Discipleship crusade.

No comments:

Post a Comment