Bible Verse of the Day

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Love Due...

Today is my Mom's 81 st Birthday. - Edna Daphne, born 15 July in the year 1931. I always remember the year because she gave birth to me 31 years later in 1962; for this I shall forever be grateful. She has grown me into someone who strives to love everyone under the guidance of God and, in no small way, herself.





The bond that we share means everything to me. I would be a lost soul if it weren't for all the love you have showered upon me all my life. Happy Birthday, dear Mom!




How did you find the energy, Mom, to do all the things you did, to be teacher, nurse and counselor to me, when I was a kid. How did you do it all, Mom, be a chauffeur, cook and friend, yet find time to be a playmate, I just can’t comprehend. I see now it was love, Mom, that made you come whenever I'd call, you're inexhaustible love, Mom. And I thank you for it all.


Mom, I look at you and see a walking miracle. Your unfailing love without limit, your ability to soothe my every hurt, the way you are on duty, unselfishly, every hour, every day, makes me so grateful that I am yours, and you are mine. With open arms and open heart, with enduring patience and inner strength, you gave so much for me, sometimes at your expense.


Birthstone for July - Ruby ~ meaning Contentment






You are my teacher, my comforter, my encourager, appreciating all, forgiving all. Sometimes I took you for granted, Mom, but I don’t now, and I never will again. I know that everything I am today relates to you and your loving care. I gaze in wonder as I watch you being you - my miracle, my Mother.






Happy Birthday to our dear Mother, it's time for us to celebrate together, to enjoy the company of one another, I'm sure you'll be happy to see us gather. We wish you good health and comforting weather, and not forgetting joy and happiness either. Hope you'll enjoy our get together Again, Happy Birthday dear Mother.


Flower for July - Larkspur, Water Lily











GOD HAS INDEED SHOWN HIS FAVOUR..!

The moment we become grateful, we actually begin to ascend spiritually into the presence of God. The psalmist wrote, "Serve the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful singing. . . . Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him, bless His name. For the Lord is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting and His faithfulness to all generations" (Psalm 100:2, 4-5).

1 comment:

  1. Dear Aunty Edna
    Congratulations on your 81st birthday!! May God richly bless you today and may you continue to be the wonderful blessing to us all as you have been until now. You are a truly wonderful person. Psalm 103:2 "Bless the Lord O my soul and forget not all His benefits"
    I did not make the connection that Stafford Lakay is your son. Please greet him and tell him my email is jvolmink@iafrica.com.
    Much love
    John and Angie Volmink

    ReplyDelete