Bible Verse of the Day

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Reputable Prayer

It is only in recent years that I have been enlightened to the benefits of preparing myself for prayer. To first think about what I have to, need to, pray about – to get clear in my mind what is worthwhile to declare before GOD and what I truly desire of  Him to undertake on my behalf; and what to relieve me from. This in no way infringes upon the little prayers I need to utter throughout my day; in fact it is a summary of all those; and most times fills the thanksgiving aspect of my big prayer. God hears and addresses them all anyway!
Any concern too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made a burden. – Corrie ten Boom

I find the ‘big prayer’ more suited for early morning (before the start of my day) – the preparation the night before; and the slim-lining thereof as I drift off to sleep – when most of us I guess utter a ‘little prayer’ for deliverance to the next day?

This is no different from the notes (mental and/or written) I would/should prep for a business meeting, a speech, etc; or even a date. It is indeed prudent to be mindful, when communicating with God, that He already has my answer before I pose my question, even before I request His favour on some issue; He has already probably manifested and shown me this answer by what has already happened in my life; or what has failed to happen. I amazingly understand better my troubles and ambitions; and I am able to prioritise my prayers; truthfully even abandon some petty and unnecessary ones. Clarity…

In truth the preparation for prayer; I reckon I should view it as divine meditation; holds the crux to a successful meeting / audience with God. I almost never walk away with an unanswered question or without a new idea about how to approach my dilemmas – a new sense of hope has emerged and any emptiness of knowledge (the way forward) has been filled.

Almighty God, unto Whom all hearts be open, all desires known, and from Whom no secrets are hid; cleanse the thoughts of our hearts (the true mind) by the inspiration of Your Holy Spirit, that we may perfectly love You and worthily magnify Your Holy Name – through Christ our Lord, Amen.


I pray that God may bless and enhance your day ~ SB



Whatever is begun in anger - ends in shame. – Benjamin Franklin


Anger is fear manifested - and ultimately leads to hate - which leads to my ultimate demise... - Lord have mercy, Stafford




1 comment: