Bible Verse of the Day

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Gotta love 'em...

A computer user telephoned the computer help line...

I'm having trouble with my computer.
What sort of trouble?
Well, I was just typing along and all of a sudden the words went away.
Went away?
They disappeared.
Hmm… So what does your screen look like now?
It's blank. It won't accept anything I type.
Can you move the cursor around?
There isn't any cursor.
Does your monitor have a power indicator?
What's a monitor?
The thing that looks like a TV. Does it have a light that tells you that it's on?
I don't know.
Well then look at the back of the monitor and find where the power cord goes into it. Can you see that?
Yes, I think so.
Great. Follow the cord to the plug and tell me if it's plugged in.
Yes it is.
Did you notice if there are two cables plugged into the back of the monitor?
No.
Please look again and find the other cable.
Okay. Here it is.
Follow it for me and tell me if it's plugged into your computer.
I can't reach.
Okay. Can you see if it's plugged in?
No. It's too dark - the only light I have is coming in from the window.
Well turn on the light then.
I can't.
No? Why not?
Because there's a power cut.
A power... a power cut?! Aha. Okay, I think we've got it licked now. Do you still have the boxes and manuals and packing stuff your computer came in?
Yes...
Good. Go get them, unplug your system, pack it up just like it was when you got it and take it back to the shop where you bought it.
Really, is it that bad?
Yes, I'm afraid it is.
Okay... and then what do I tell them?
Tell them you're too stupid to own a computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment