Bible Verse of the Day

Friday, February 20, 2015

Break Me and Make Change...

Have you ever heard the saying that old habits are hard to break? That means that change is hard to do. The definition of change is "to alter, to transform, to switch, or to transfer". However, the definition that really stuck out the most to me was "to break", meaning "to shift to a lower register" as in to "Make Change".


In order to "Make Change" out of a rand, it has to be "broken". When you allow God to make change in your life, things you have have to be broken.


 You may end up having a lot of fragmented pieces once He starts breaking things down in your life, but it's okay. You may end up as 10 ten-cent pieces, or even 100 cents, but once he adds all the change, you end up being whole again.

"He heals the broken hearted, and binds up their wounds." (Psalm 147:3)

Familiarity is often hard to walk away from, but it breeds complacency and stagnation. While on the other hand, change is altering - doing away with a routine or habit. Change is a breaking point in our lives where we have to step out of the ordinary to step into the extraordinary. To change means we have to sacrifice things to become broken - to be made whole.

Allow God to "make change" in your life. A path in a circle eventually takes you back to where you started, so you end up going nowhere. You end up in a cycle that seems to keep repeating itself over and over again... The same bad choices with the same results. The same mountain. The same test that you have taken so many times that you end up memorizing the questions. If this applies to you, you need God to break you and "Make Change".

"Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice. Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity. Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Do not cast me from Your presence or take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart You, God, will not despise." (Psalm 51:8-12; 17)

No comments:

Post a Comment