Bible Verse of the Day

Friday, May 10, 2013

For our true loved ones...

“You may not be their first, their last, or their only. They loved before, they may love again. But if they love you now, what else matters? They are not perfect - you aren’t either, and you may never be perfect together but if they can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto them and give them the most you can. They may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but they will give you a part of them that they know can break their heart. So don’t hurt them, don’t change them, don’t analyze and don’t expect more than they can give. Smile when they make you happy, let them know when they make you mad, and miss them when they're not there.” - It hurts to love someone when we can’t tell them what we really feel because sometimes we get hurt without them knowing. We get jealous even if we have no right to feel that way. We want their time even if we are not in the position to demand it. And although our hearts are breaking in silence, we still continue to love them because somehow in this hurtful love there is still hope of having simple moments with them even if it means being just a friend....

“If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.” -1 Corinthians 13:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment