Bible Verse of the Day

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

...it was good.

Kilojoules are little units that measure how good a particular food tastes. Fudge, for example, has a great many kilojoules, whereas celery, has none. - Incidentally, celery is not really a food at all but a member of the plywood family, provided by Mother Nature so that we would have a way to get onion dip into our mouths at parties...

I'm responding to the recent uproar about what goes into processed foods - especially meat. Horse flesh, donkey flesh, goat flesh, water-buffalo flesh! (astounding one that), maize, etc. (Thinking: I've always known that modern bully beef contains ox lung, grain, etc but that's never stopped me from enjoying a bully beef sandwich with spices, tomato and lettuce.)

Now be aware that I'm not seeking to offend anyone's feelings about these occurrences; or sway your free choice in any way - I'm merely offering some additional 'food'-for-thought...

Apparently the use of processed meats is most common in the fast-food industry. And I hear the comments: "I'm never eating a burger again!" or "Well you won't find me buying sausage, again!" or "How can anyone eat a burger primarily filled with chickens fed on fish meal?" - that is, of course, our personal choice and preference - whether we stick to it remains to be seen... - these 'additives' (or call them what you will) control the monetary price we pay for those commodities - see where I'm going here? - the perceived price you will pay on your health by eating them is still a matter of debate.

Let's us just give a thought to all the millions who have little or no money, already in dire ill-health for not having eaten for weeks - they would jump through hoops for a chunk of unprocessed donkey meat, or just a bowl of the actual raw fish meal. I think I'm blessed to be able to afford a processed burger now and again (with all the trimmings, of course - lol). I, for one, am hard pressed to declare emphatically that I'll never ever eat something unpleasant to my mind at this moment. For now I just count my blessings, and relish the taste of the pack of processed sausage, sizzling on the braai grid...

Now you fortunate few - go buy a street-child that burger you shudder to eat; and have a lovely, fulfilled day! (",) God bless!

Gen:1:25: "And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good."