Bible Verse of the Day

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

...it was good.

Kilojoules are little units that measure how good a particular food tastes. Fudge, for example, has a great many kilojoules, whereas celery, has none. - Incidentally, celery is not really a food at all but a member of the plywood family, provided by Mother Nature so that we would have a way to get onion dip into our mouths at parties...

I'm responding to the recent uproar about what goes into processed foods - especially meat. Horse flesh, donkey flesh, goat flesh, water-buffalo flesh! (astounding one that), maize, etc. (Thinking: I've always known that modern bully beef contains ox lung, grain, etc but that's never stopped me from enjoying a bully beef sandwich with spices, tomato and lettuce.)

Now be aware that I'm not seeking to offend anyone's feelings about these occurrences; or sway your free choice in any way - I'm merely offering some additional 'food'-for-thought...

Apparently the use of processed meats is most common in the fast-food industry. And I hear the comments: "I'm never eating a burger again!" or "Well you won't find me buying sausage, again!" or "How can anyone eat a burger primarily filled with chickens fed on fish meal?" - that is, of course, our personal choice and preference - whether we stick to it remains to be seen... - these 'additives' (or call them what you will) control the monetary price we pay for those commodities - see where I'm going here? - the perceived price you will pay on your health by eating them is still a matter of debate.

Let's us just give a thought to all the millions who have little or no money, already in dire ill-health for not having eaten for weeks - they would jump through hoops for a chunk of unprocessed donkey meat, or just a bowl of the actual raw fish meal. I think I'm blessed to be able to afford a processed burger now and again (with all the trimmings, of course - lol). I, for one, am hard pressed to declare emphatically that I'll never ever eat something unpleasant to my mind at this moment. For now I just count my blessings, and relish the taste of the pack of processed sausage, sizzling on the braai grid...

Now you fortunate few - go buy a street-child that burger you shudder to eat; and have a lovely, fulfilled day! (",) God bless!

Gen:1:25: "And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good."

1 comment:

  1. Acts10:11-15 "And he (Peter) saw the sky opened and something like a great sheet lowered by the four corners,descending to the earth. It contained all kinds of quadrupeds and wild beast and creeping things of the earth and birds of the air .And there came a voice to him saying,Rise up, Peter, kill and eat. But Peter said, by no means, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common and unhallowed or unclean, And the voice came to him again the second time, what God has cleansed and pronounced clean, do not you defile and profane by regarding and calling common and unhallowed or unclean."

    ReplyDelete