Bible Verse of the Day

Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 6 ~ Life is a temporary assignment


This world is not our home...


Earth is not our final home; we were created for something much better. This realisation should change your values from temporal to eternal ones.

We are travellers in a foreign land. All that is not eternal is eternally useless. We must therefore not become too attached or affected by earthly matters, good and bad; they shall all pass away. Also don't assume to be rewarded for your faithfulness here on earth, it is not a given...

At death you won't leave home - you'll go Home. When this life becomes overwhelming and doubt niggles you to wonder whether a Christlike life is worth the effort, remember, you are not home yet.


We cannot conceive what wonders He has prepared for us. You will have happy moments here; but they dull in comparison. Don't forget, compared to eternity life is extremely brief and earth (with all it's trappings) is only a temporary residence.
Personally my awareness to this promise from God has completely changed my sense of being patient. I CAN WAIT FOREVER ~ Stafford

“If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.” -1 Corinthians 13:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment