Bible Verse of the Day

Friday, January 27, 2012

You, yes you... are you the one I've been looking for?


The more time you give to something, the more you reveal its importance and value to you. Time is your most precious gift because you only have a set amount of it - you are effectively giving a portion of your life. So we must prove our relationships are important by investing time in them. In our relationships love is spelt 'T-I-M-E'. Love is focused attention and it concentrates so intently on another that you forget yourself at that moment - it says I value you enough to give you my most precious asset - my time. You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving. Love means giving up - yielding my preferences, comfort, goals, security, money, energy or time for the benefit of another.

Sin does disconnect us from intimate fellowship with God; but that is not the reason for His seeming absence. This is normal; it's a part of the testing and maturing of your friendship with God. Albeit painful and disconcerting; it is absolutely vital for the development of your faith. A common mistake Believers make in worship is seeking an experience rather than seeking God.

Saying, 'I'll be there in spirit', means nothing, it's worthless. On earth your spirit can only be where your body is. If your body isn't there, neither are you - you are no longer of this world...

The most wonderful of all things in life, I believe, is the discovery of another human being with whom one's relationship has a glowing depth, beauty, and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing, it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of Divine accident. - Sir Hugh Walpole


That is the singular selfish bliss I pray for to God everyday - someone I can watch over; as He watches over me; someone who will love me more for that ~SB

“Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.” -James 4:10


No comments:

Post a Comment