Bible Verse of the Day

Friday, December 02, 2011

Tag - you're it!


I Resign From Adulthood by Richard Anothony Hulley:



I am hereby officially tendering my
resignation as an adult.
I have decided I would like to accept the
responsibilities of an 8 year old again.


I want to go to Mc donalds thinking its a 4
star restaurant. I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud
puddle and make ripples with rocks.

I want to think M&Ms are better than
money because you can eat them.
I want to return to a time where life was
simple when all you knew were colors,
multiplication tables and nursery rhymes,
but that didnt bother you, because you
didnt know what you didnt know and you
didnt care.

All you knew was to be happy
and you were blissfully unaware of all the things
that should make you worried or upset.
I want to think the world is fair.
That everyone is honest and good.


I want to believe that anything is
possible. I want to be oblivious to the complexities
of life and be overly excited by the little
things again.

I dont want my day to consist of
computer crashes, mountains of
paperwork, depressing news,
how to survive more days in the month
than there is money in the bank,
doctor bills, gossip, illness and loss of loved ones.



I want to believe in the power of smiles,
hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace,
dreams, the imagination, mankind
and making angels in the snow.
So... Here's my cheque book and my
car keys, my credit cards and all my
responsibility.

I am officially resigning from adulthood.
And if you want to discuss this further,
you'll have to catch me first, cause.. ''tag! You're it''


No comments:

Post a Comment