Bible Verse of the Day

Sunday, September 07, 2014

The Friendship Fix - you either got it, or you die alone...

Have you ever heard the phrase “I tell you this because you are my friend”? - Sure you have, maybe you’ve even said it yourself. One thing we know for certain is that the words immediately following are not going to be good. Life is full of these little catch phrases that are shared to signify that we are justified because of our relationship. But through years of experience we find that the hurt caused by one we call friend cuts deeper and leaves a lasting scar on our heart.

Christ spoke of friends, and many when reading His words say He was speaking of a different kind of friendship. “I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.” ~ John 15:15

Once the Book of friendship has been opened, it can never be closed. It is a constant book always written, and always another page to be turned. And still another waiting to be read… And, because the book is of Friendship, it is always enjoyed. You see, the beauty of friendship is that while we may have our disagreements and maybe even argue and ignore each other at times; even when and while we may have deep concerns and questions one for another; through all of the trials a genuine friendship is a unique bond that lasts through the fire… .

What makes this so unique is that a part of me is put into my friends… YES,

Some of it is my humour…
Some of it is my listening ear…
Some of it is real life experiences…
Some of it is my romanticism…
But, with understanding all of one another, this is friendship.

The uniqueness of real Friendship is that it’s forged and always renewing. Stronger than steel built as a foundation, and oh so very necessary for life, and for real love.

Friends, you and me, you brought another friend, and then there were 3… The thing which causes our friendship to grow and our circle to be unending is not our differences because they will always be. Rather, it is found in who we share. You see, our friendship and every friendship is more different than all the world's example. Our differences from that of what the world calls “friend” is that we have built something lasting in Christ, the one who taught us the true meaning of real friendship. Who defined this in us and gave meaning to the precious gift...

It’s found in Him and those who really know Him. The true meaning of an unending love and a continuing circle… Our friendship is not is not a noise or words said in vain, but lasting, for as in love, it is patient, kind, without envy, not boastful, nor is it proud. It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, and it keeps no record of wrongs. Our friendship does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres. You see, worthwhile friendship lasts forever, and never fails to reignite love.

We are blessed by Him and blessed through you for I know the friendship we share will be stronger tomorrow for as His Love grows in me, I in turn give it to you.

One last thing my Friend - if you're excluded by someone from their circle of friends, then there is no real lost friendship to lament - the 'friendship' that only seeks something in return, is a sinful mockery. It is an unforgivable affront to Christ's example, and a hell-damnable offense - true friendship will always seek and strive for reconciliation - if it bears silence and apathy as a result, that lonely, spiteful, hardened and/or broken heart can only fix itself through the grace of God, your prayers and active pleas.

“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” ~ Love In Christ my Friend...

Sorry is nothing, the real apology comes when you can look in their eyes and see they hurt themselves just as much, even more...

No comments:

Post a Comment