Bible Verse of the Day

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The final nail...


When a man is going downhill, everybody will give him a push...




And most times it's those he loves best...



"Take care. u r always in my prayers."

And graciously God reaches out His hand to the broken and downtrodden - we just have to ask ~Sammybear




Lord, keep me from the habit of thinking I must say something on every subject and on every occasion.

Release me from craving to straighten out everybody's affairs.
Keep my mind free from the recital of endless details- give me wings to get to the point.

I ask for grace enough to listen to the tales of others' pains. Help me to endure them with patience. But seal my lips on my own aches and pains- as they increase and my love of rehearsing them becomes sweeter as the years go by.

Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally it is possible that I may be mistaken.

Keep me reasonably sweet; I do not want to be a saint - some of them are so hard to live with - but a sour old person is one of the crowning works of the devil.

Give me the ability to see good things in unexpected places, and talents in unexpected people. And, give me, O Lord, the grace to tell them so.

Make me thoughtful, but not moody; helpful, but not bossy. With the wisdom I consider to have collected, it seems a pity not to use it all- but Thou knowest, Lord, that I want a few friends at the end.

Amen

I'm so glad I didn't have to share this with my Dad...









No comments:

Post a Comment