Bible Verse of the Day

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Destiny... revealed

One of my pet peeves (at home and work) are people who don't refill the kettle after using the last boiled water; another is people who use the last of the toilet tissue and leave the empty roll there. There are others; but I'll leave those out for another time.

I constantly seem to be the one who has to top up these little essentials. And it always irks me. Many a time I have consciously used the last of these commodities and had the thought to also just leave it be. Let someone else experience the inconvenience. And even those times when I have done so, after a few minutes, I am drawn back to make right the situation.

Am I an obsessive compulsive? That seems to be a neat little box?

No, it's not that. It is just my nature not to want anybody else to experience an inconvenience I can so easily remedy. I am not being boastful about my nature - just sharing it to make a point (another compulsion - this because I went to make a cup of coffee this morning)...

If it is within your power to ease the burden of another, it should require no conscious thought to do so. It should be an automatic reaction, unconditional and selfless.

My little peeves are easy self-satisfiers; but we must constantly try and carry this type of thinking to the bigger issues, where we can make a difference, just by being spontaneously selfless.

Thoughts become words, words become actions, actions become habits, habits become character; and our character is our destiny...

Have a lovely day ~ SB






No comments:

Post a Comment